We have launched our newly designed Android market app, version 5 of the SlideME Application Manager (SAM), and we wanted to highlight some of the new features that you might not yet know about in the new SAM 5.
With the huge demand for applications to be low-cost or free in the Android ecosystem, it can be difficult for developers and publishers to monetize from their work. A high quality application with hundreds of hours invested deserves adequate compensation, and in turn would help fund future high quality applications. Many low quality applications seek to makeup for the lack of invested hours by aggressively stacking advertising into each individual app. But where do we draw the line with advertising? How much advertising is really necessary for an application to make a profit? Do low quality applications deserve to net a larger profit by including many forms of advertising, or should they be limited in relation to the amount of effort and time invested?
When managing the inventory of your paid applications, you can choose any one of the following options:
- Stock a number of copies for sale
- Provide a number of static license keys that you pre-generate for each copy for sale
- Use the new SlideME [Remote Keys] Licensing API to dynamically license keys for each copy for sale
How does this remote licensing option work differently than using static keys?
Did you know you can easily promote your apps on websites, blogs, and forums using SlideME Widgets like the one below?
SlideME Widgets work a lot like ads, except they can provide more details than simply a purchase link. These widgets are designed to display relevant up-to-date info about your apps straight from the SlideME Market, such as the developer, price, or even your application icon. Using the provided HTML code, you can embed these widgets into nearly any internet medium that provides HTML capability. You could place them on your website, on a company blog, within internal or external forums, or even marketing emails. We provide a variety of Widget designs you can implement with little effort.
SlideME is introducing a new way to monetize your content by placing relevant Premium Advertisements in your mobile applications on the SlideME Marketplace and Android Market.
SlideME is an Android Apps Marketplace with one of the largest distribution network for Android applications & games. We have partnered up with MobFox, one of the leading mobile advertising networks, to allow you to monetize your applications with the best-paying Premium mobile ads.
With Android being listed as the best-selling smartphone platform worldwide, it comes as no surprise that developers are flocking to its Android Market, which already has around 320,000 apps available as of September 2011 (374,303 as of Feb 5, 2012). A full 74 percent of those are free apps and while giving apps away doesn’t net a developer money off the bat, it’s still by far the best way for an app to become popular and gain traction in any app marketplace.
The Swedish premium maker of hand built televisions, People of Lava, have just launched version 2.0 of their TV Application Market for their Android-TV 'Scandinavia' TV. The Application Market is hosted and operated by SlideME – one of the world’s largest Android Application Marketplaces.
In order to help you improve discoverability of your apps or if you just wish to spread the word of other apps that you may like, or friends/developers/partners you would like to recommend, SlideME aids with providing an Intent-based interface for Android Interactions with the SlideME Marketplace (SAM: SlideME Application Manager).
We are asking the community what top apps that they would like to see on the SlideME Marketplace. We will contact those developers and see what we can do on getting those apps stocked.
Feel free to post suggestions here.
At SlideME, we introduced the highest payouts for developers in the industry, with typical payouts of 95%. The remaining 5% went directly to the payment processor. Our position has always been not to make money on downloads. Sadly, those days are coming to an end.
We naively envisioned that developers and content would arrive in large numbers on SlideME due to our global billing support, which Google lacked. And with this content, we expected we would line up operator support and white-labeling of our solution. After 12 months, this has yet to happen.